Friday, July 10, 2009

Islands in the Mediterranean

------------------------------------------------------------------------------





So here´s the lowdown. I´m out in Majorca on a recce before a guiding trip that starts next week (www.tallstories.co.uk) -- Tuesday pm. It means I´m road biking around 450km with 5 other guides to double check routes I planned last autumn. Today we did 100 miles and ended up in a lovely hotel in Estellencs on the coast in the hillier part of the island. The sun went down while I massaged my knee with a cold bottle of San Miguel. Perfect.

Meanwhile over in Sardinia, it was the ETU Offroad Champs in conjunction with XTERRA. I´m very pleased to say that my girlfriend Renata won the Pro womens race .. sounds like a hard day at the office, but she´s all in one piece and super happy with the result. Check her news page at www.renatabucher.com for more details.

OK, it´s late here now in Majorca, but just wanted to drop the couple of gems out there. All seems well at home -- I was there for nearly 48 hours this week, the next big excitement is 3 of my athletes will be competing at Windsor Tri .. so I might see you there on the sidelines. All the best for now I need a big sleep! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment